As we aspire to new heights in teaching, research, creativity and student excellence...
...you can join us! Make a donation to CFPCA here.
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- HYPERTENSION at the Elaine L. Jacob Gallery
- May 21 2013 at 12:00 PMOld MainThe James Pearson Duffy Department of Art and Art History's Elaine L. Jacob Gallery is pleased to present HYPERTENSION, April 26 through July 19, 2013. HYPERTENSION brings together multi-media artists and designers whose work reflects the blurring of artistic disciplines evident in our contemporary visual culture. The selected works disrupt boundaries between the cerebral and the physical; between past and present. They encourage us to absorb and interpret information across multiple channels, channels that often trigger paradoxical emotions, expanding both the intellectual and emotional involvement of the viewer. Artists:Michael BoswellElliott EarlsPatrick HillMargi Weir
- Wayne State Insiders ArtWalk featuring the McGregor Reflecting Pool
- May 22 2013 at 12:00 PMAlumni HouseArchitect Minoru Yamasaki described his vision of the Wayne State University campus as “an island of urban delight.” A major part of that vision has been returned to its past grandeur, and the Wayne State Insiders have the opportunity to see it firsthand. Please join us from noon to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, as we tour the University Art Collection, including the newly restored McGregor Sculpture Garden and Reflecting Pool. The event begins at Alumni House, where we will learn more about Yamasaki’s vision and the restoration project before joining docents from the Women of Wayne Alumni Association for a tour of the remarkable sculptures installed around our beautiful urban campus. The Wayne State Insiders includes alumni, friends, students, parents, faculty and staff who serve as informal ambassadors for Wayne State and our Midtown community. We welcome anyone excited about the positive impact of WSU and Detroit’s urban renewal. The more we learn, the more we can share and the greater our collective impact.
- Auditions for J.C. Heard Jazz Week at Wayne
- June 1 2013 at 10:00 AMOld MainCalling experienced high school jazz musicicans: J.C. Heard Jazz Week at Wayne is July 22-26-audition on Saturday May 1! Guided by WSU's jazz faculty, guest artists from the Detroit community and national artist/educators sponsored by the Detroit Jazz Festival, students study jazz improvisation, theory and ensemble playing. You will work in master class settings, jam sessions and small and large ensemble rehearsals. This initiative has evolved and redefines the summer jazz camp concept. With 40 high school students being chosen through competitive audition, and no students burdened with a tuition fee, the program brings together a highly diverse collection of talented youth from urban, rural, and suburban settings http://www.music.wayne.edu/jazzweek.php
- Complexions Detroit Summer Intensive: closing performance
- July 5 2013 at 3:00 PMMusic Hall Center for the Performing ArtsPlease join us for the exciting final student showing of our Complexions Detroit Summer Intensive PLUS Select repertory excerpts performed byComplexions Contemporary Ballet company members Generously sponsored by Maggie Allesee,Music Hall Center for the Performing Artsand Wayne State University$20 tickets available for purchase at the Maggie Allesee Department of Theatre and Dance3rd floor, Old Main Building at 4841 Cass Avenue, Suite 3213, Detroit, MI 48202Office: 313-577-2143 or 917-679-4866
- More Events